Following your Hemorrhoids Surgery, please follow these recommendations from Advanced Surgical Associates:
- Take medications as prescribed by the surgeon.
- Take a sitz bath (sit in warm water) for 15 minutes 4-6 times a day and after having a bowel movement or when having pain.
- You may shower and resume your regular activities. No strenuous exercise.
- Include a lot of fiber and plenty of liquids (water) in your diet to help avoid constipation.
- Pain and some bleeding around the rectal area or with a bowel movement is normal. Do not touch the area.
- Remove the dressing after 24 hours following surgery. Gently place a new dressing as needed.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your procedure or the progress of your recovery, please contact us. Your health and safe recovery are our primary concern.