Following your Surgery for Excision of Mass(es), please follow these recommendations from Advanced Surgical Associates:
- Ice pack around the incision area for 15 minutes, 4 times a day in the first 24 hours after surgery then warm towels or warm heating pads 4-6 times a day for 20 minutes each time afterwards until you are seen by the surgeon.
- Resume regular diet and activities
- Take medications as prescribed; for minor or mild pain take Tylenol.
- Keep the dressing on for 48 hours; then remove and replace with a smaller dressing or no dressing.
- You may shower after 48 hours, but no bath or swimming until you are seen by the surgeon.
- Do not remove the small, narrow white tapes across the incision and under the dressing. These tapes are waterproof and will fall off by themselves in 7-10 days.
- Swelling, bruising and discoloration around incision area are normal for the first few days.
- Depending on the sutures used, they will either be removed at the post-operative visit or dissolve by themselves.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your procedure or the progress of your recovery, please contact us. Your health and safe recovery are our primary concern.