Following your Breast Biopsy Surgery, please follow these recommendations from Advanced Surgical Associates:
- Resume your usual activities and diet.
- Ice pack on incision area for 15 minutes 4-6 times a day, the first 24 hours to prevent increased swelling.
- Take medicine as prescribed for your pain. For minor or mild pain take Tylenol only.
- You may wear a loose bra at bedtime if preferred; it will keep your breasts from moving around too much and make you more comfortable while sleeping.
- Tenderness, swelling and bruising, with discoloration around the incision area or breast, are normal during the first few days. Keep the dressing on for 24 hour and then it can be removed. You may replace it with a smaller dressing or no dressing at all. Dry blood or a small amount of yellowish-reddish drainage at the incision site after the first few days is normal.
- Do not remove the narrow strips of tape across the incision and under the dressing. They will fall off by themselves in 7-10 days.
- You may shower anytime after 24 hours following your surgery. No swimming or baths are allowed until you are seen by the surgeon. Keep the incision area clean and dry.
- The sutures are under the skin and will dissolve automatically.
- You may drive your car as long as you are not taking any medicine that can reduce your alertness.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your procedure or the progress of your recovery, please contact us. Your health and safe recovery are our primary concern.